Zombie Yoga: 100 undead, doing poses in the park

The invite said “Bring a Yoga Mat – Dress Like a Zombie.” When filmmaker and Boing Boing pal Jason Wishnow set out to create a trailer for Scott Kenemore’s new book “The Zen of Zombie : Better Living Through the Undead” (yes, people make video trailers for books!) a vision came to his brrraiiiiinns. Why not gather 100 people in a Brooklyn park, dress them as zombies, and film them all doing yoga? There’s no inner peace like undead inner peace.

So today on Boing Boing tv, in honor of Halloween, we’ve produced a behind-the-scenes look at the making of Jason’s Zombie Yoga trailer. Watch out for flying guts when they do “downward decapitated dog” or “corpse pose.” (Music by T.bias.) — XJ

8 Responses to Zombie Yoga: 100 undead, doing poses in the park

1. YogaDawg says:

Of course as the creator of a satirical yoga web site, I love this video. Thanks for posting.

I was the guy interviewing the director in this video. Sadly no credit was forthcoming… But at least I can see myself in his glasses! At last, fame and glory are mine.

This was tremendous!

4. PEEeNICE says:

this looks awesome, like a flash mob or people just actin a foo as they say. much like http://youtube.com/watch?v=XCpfR3pYtVk

5. Bonnie says:

i would totally do Yoga if I could dress like a zombie. But I think my heart belongs to Vampire Jazzercize.

6. rstevens says:

Wait, what? Yoga practitioners that are not pretentious and/or flighty?

And they only want to kill me and eat my brain?

Something I love (zombies) + something my wife loves (yoga) = fun for all!!!

8. Gareth Branwyn says:

This video makes me happy to an extent that’s probably not normal.